Sunday, July 1, 2012

We meet again, NaNo Insanity!

After a 7 month hiatus from any productive writing activity, I'm putting myself up again to the National Novel Writing Month challenge.  Due to the exceptional lack of homework, travel, and exams this month, I'm laying down the 30 day, 50,000 word writing challenge for the month of July.
The chosen topic for this attempt is Truth, Fiction, and Fantasy.  I'm writing about issues of uniformity and society versus self-reliance and variance in expression through the eyes of three different plot lines.  One will be following my own life and commentary on the issues for the month, another will be in a real world setting modified where standardization is in place at a nationwide level in education and employment.  And then of course, the third section of story will be straight up epic fantasy, with a team of conspirators attempting to overthrow a controlling, corrupted, dystopian government.
For anyone unfamilair with NaNoWriMo, or anyone who just wants to laugh at me, I have my original commercial for this contest, created back in high school.  You can watch it here.
I'm already 3,600 words in, so here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment