Monday, January 28, 2013

Dreams

This is a semester for living without limits.  I'm trying to take on challenges that are too big for me to comfortably tackle.  I'm already having to stretch my limits frequently and do things that I'm not fully skilled at in order to be the most effective.  It's not easy, but I'm gaining from it.  As work is ramping up, I've decided there's one quote that I think summarizes why I'm doing all this.



Today, I met someone living out their dreams.  She was a 16 year old self published author, giving a book signing in Rice's Coffeehouse.  That's a dream big enough to scare most people.  But she had a book table, a full costume, and was speaking confidently to people five or more years older than her about her work.  Publishing a book is dream many people I know, including myself, have; it is often an unfulfilled dream though, due to insufficient effort or dedication.  It's a scary thing to do, and puts yourself in range of criticism of countless people if you succeed.  Seeing someone daring to do that, to try to make that dream a reality was inspiring.  If you want the see her website and work, it's here: http://samirabellissimo.com/

What is one of your dreams that you've held back from fully pursuing, and what's to stop you from trying to achieve it right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment