Friday, September 13, 2013

Have you met Daniel Burns?

Ever have a crazy idea so suddenly that you get nervous?

As mentioned in my earlier post, I'm entering into the stage of applying for a real-world post-apocalytic (too much zombie research, sorry. [more on that later]) post-graduation job.  Thursday, there is a career and job fair on campus, and it would be wonderful for me to make serious progress on obtaining one of these job things at the event.

I've found one company in particular that has a positions for blogging and design that looks pretty exciting.  So naturally, I want to make sure I make an impression on them.

Some of you may be familiar with this piece of XKCD wit:
How cool would it be to set up a system in which the interviewing company starts hearing things about me before I even show up?  They're coming onto my turf, giving me a serious tactical advantage for publicity here.  I'm thinking of a poster campaign in the area between where they'll be parking and the venue, and a series of individuals showing up at the booth asking the company representative if they've met Daniel Burns yet.  This would obviously be most effective if I could get 20+ people to all do that, with little or no explanation, and leave them curious about me all day until I show up.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment