Friday, September 16, 2011

And so it begins!

Greetings ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to 4 Walls Broken, a social experiment starting at Rice University. The goal of the project is to expose the population of Rice to whole new levels of unconventionality and observe the reactions.
The name 4 Walls Broken comes from the theater term of "breaking the 4th wall" which refers to direct interactions with the audience through the imaginary fourth wall of the room visible on stage. My goal is to take that interaction one step further, transforming the audience and their environment into the stage, putting them in constant interaction with the actors.
The cast of this new performance is one man- me. Not because I am limiting this to a performance of one individual. On the contrary, it will be fantastic if others join me. The cast is one man because that is all that I have control over. Starting Monday, I will be spontaneously altering my style of dress, behavior, and speech at random times, so that I can see and comment on how Rice reacts. On top of this, I will be staging a variety of bizarre and, I hope, entertaining performances all across campus. What will they be? My costume closet and I can wait until Monday to find out, so I suppose you can as well.
For an endeavor like this, I suppose I need some qualifications. So, while you wait, here's some evidence supporting why I think I can pull this off:
Title- "Let's Go Crazy!"
Alternative title- "Why Daniel Burns should not be given sugar."
All footage was taken from random videos from the past year, completely unassociated with this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment