Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fashion Sense II and Non-Standardized Testing



The disaster shirt continues! A good number of people have paid attention to it now, or commented on it. Funny how a normal t-shirt can attract as much attention as a full costume.
The shirt now also includes marks of
- napalm
- a motorcycle accident
- being backstabbed by a friend
- random punctures from me testing every potential stabbing weapon in my room on it (forks, pens, staplers...).
- friction burns from my wall
The front now reads "Bad Day? Mine's Worse" thanks to a suggestion from Michelle. I rather think I'll wear it whenever I'm in high-stress test-taking environments, to remind people that it could always be worse. :)


Speaking of testing situations, I got to fulfill another longtime goal today. I had a test for Psyc 339, but due to the fact that I am no longer majoring in Psyc, I decided to drop the class. (What? I don't want to do statistics for fun?!?). I dropped the class over lunch, and did a little research before the start of the exam. I came up with this list, that I was well familiar with. I went to the exam, wrote a note to the professor on the cover sheet explaining that I had dropped the class, that I really loved his teaching, that I meant no disrespect to his test, and that I hoped he would be entertained. I then proceeded to take the funnest test of the year.

Obviously, I spelled things out with the multiple choice answers. I also added new options to the multiple choice answers, such as 50 digits of Pi, or logical paradoxes, and picked those. I used Russian and Greek letters, imaginary numbers, and sarcastic comments for multiple choice answers. Instead of True and False, I answered with "Lies!", "Debatable" "Eh, probably" and "Why not?". I correctly worked out the math for a bunch of the questions, only using roman numerals instead of normal numbers. (IV^II is so much cooler looking than 4^2). Oh, and I wrote all these answers with multicolored crayons...
For the last problem, in which I had to draw out a box plot and label various elements, I portrayed all the statistical terms with basic pictionary style doodles, and duly labeled them. You get an idea of it from the picture below-
I then turned the exam in, and left the room 45 minutes before everyone else. On my way out, I muttered "Boy, that was easy!"
I'm sure some of them still hate me.

Totally worth it.

1 comment:

  1. It's too bad you couldn't get video of the professor's reaction when he graded this.

    ReplyDelete